Welcome to Bissingen

Although the first documentation of the village appears in 1140, Bissingen was first known as the market Bissingen in 1281.

The emblem of Bissingen was changed in 1973. The horse bit dates back to the original emblem in 1546.  It was changed to mark the inclusion of neighboring villages into the Markt Bissingen Municipality. The whole municipality consists of 18 villages which, all in all has about 3.800 inhabitants.

Bissingen Coat of Arms
Becca and Beth Joachim Mitchell visit Bissingen, Bavaria, Germany. Summer 2009
Map of Bissingen